FuZing the Creative with the Consumer
Featured Artisan Archaic Designs

By Handmade FuZion on 4:30 AM

Filed Under:



: contemporary ornamental jewelry
: incorporating elements of glass : metal : stone

Where are you located? Duluth Minnesota
How long have you been creating handmade items? 40 years, I started when I was 10.
What type of products do you offer? Jewelry, incorporating stone, glass and metal.
How did you decide on your company’s name? My name is a combination of my initials and what I do.
What is your motivation? I have a passion for indigenous art and jewelry.
What do you enjoy most about creating handmade items? Putting the pieces of the puzzle together making a well made piece of wearable jewelry that I know will last a long time.
Which items are your best sellers? I think the large wire wrapped bracelets, because of the beads I use they end up pretty expensive. They take longer to sell but from what I hear from my customers, they love them. And the seed bead pendants I make.
How do you market your products? I have been advertising on many handmade or associated sites. I have also opened new shops on four other selling sites. I don't think I can actually answer the marketing question right now.
What are your favorite features on Handmade Fuzion? II do like the fact that it's juried. I'm not sure if I do have a favorite feature, I'm still getting to know the site.
Do you have any advice for other artisans? Educate yourself about your art or craft, take classes, read books, know the history. Do not jump in blind without sound business advise and knowledge.

0 comments for this post