FuZing the Creative with the Consumer
Featured Artisan Soul Harbor Jewelry

By Handmade FuZion on 4:30 AM

Filed Under:



Nature inspired Fine Silver Jewelry created by Joni Doyle-Sims


Where are you located? De Forest, WI
How long have you been creating handmade items? I've been working with Precious Metal Clay for 5 years.
What type of products do you offer? I sell nature inspired, fine silver jewelry.
How did you decide on your company’s name? Creating my artwork is a very personal experience, it comes from deep inside me. I consider this creative process like a harbor for my soul; a safe place to turn to, an inlet, an outlet...A Soul Harbor.
What is your motivation? My motivation comes from the everyday beauty around me here in Wisconsin. I'm motivated by winter's bare tree branches, sunshine on a lake, a dragonfly in flight.
What do you enjoy most about creating handmade items? The complete joy of having someone buy something I've made, to have them love and cherish the piece as much as I do. To have what I've put into a piece, transmit the meaning and message, to someone else.
Which items are your best sellers? My carved tree pendants are my best sellers.
How do you market your products? I sell my work at art fairs around Wisconsin. I have jewelry in two galleries in Door County, WI ( Gallery Ten and Forte ) I have work here on Handmade Fuzion and on Etsy.
What are your favorite features on Handmade FuZion? It's very easy to list and update items on the site, very user friendly!
Do you have any advice for other artisans? Keep working, experimenting and expanding your artistic horizon. You never know what you've got inside you, what you're capable of, until you push yourself past all of your fears and doubts.

0 comments for this post