FuZing the Creative with the Consumer
Featured Artisan CD Childs

By Handmade FuZion on 5:00 AM

Filed Under:


CD Childs


I live to create. If I'm not creating then I'm not living.


Where are you located? In a small town called Lorena, Texas

How long have you been creating handmade items? I started painting at the age of 12. Ever since then I can't remember a time that I was not creating something. I became a stained glass artist over eight years ago and opened my own business. However I enjoy making the smaller items that I list here on Handmade Fuzion.

What type of products do you offer? I offer stained glass pendants made from different items like filigree, watch parts and small flowers. Really anything that will fit under glass. I also love to fire up my kiln and melt wine bottles into cheese trays.

How did you decide on your company’s name? My company name is actually the initials of my real name. I wanted people to know me as CDChilds.

What is your motivation? Everything is my motivation. My surroundings, my friends, my family and my pets all have a very important role in my creativity process.

What do you enjoy most about creating handmade items? I truly love being my own boss. It allows me to stay home with my son Gage. He is a special child with who has a blood disorder called Aplastic Anemia. I love the fact that if I need to take a day off I can do so without having to answer to someone else or using my vacation time.

Which items are your best sellers? Currently my best sellers are my wine bottle cheese trays and my filigree leaf pendants.

How do you market your products? I have a blog http://designsbycdchilds.blogspot.com/ and I recently joined Twitter http://twitter.com/CDChilds and I also advertise with Project Wonderful. However my main form of advertising is by word of mouth and repeat customers.

What are your favorite features on Handmade Fuzion? I love how we can run our own networking right from the Handmade Fuzion site. I'm also very impressed how the administrative respond to all of our many questions. They are very on top of keeping Handmade Fuzion running smoothly.

Do you have any advice for other artisans? I think one of the most important tools for selling your craft is "great" pictures. You must have great pictures for your customers to be able to really get a feel for what they may purchase. Also I think your description should leave nothing to be desired. Explain and describe every detail in such a way that the customer must buy your product.

0 comments for this post