FuZing the Creative with the Consumer
Featured Artisan The Blue Cat

By Handmade FuZion on 1:45 PM

Filed Under:

The Blue Cat

Archival prints from original paintings as well as original paintings.

Where are you located? I live just outside of Charlotte, NC and also maintain a very small studio in the South end art district in Charlotte.


How long have you been creating handmade items? On and off since childhood. I enjoyed creating art (mostly pencil drawings) throughout my school years, but took a hiatus for a few years while pursuing a "real" job. I've spent the past 3 years developing my painting skills via workshops and self-study.

What type of products do you offer? Mostly archival prints from my original paintings as well as original paintings. I will soon be offering note cards and jewelry from my art.


How did you decide on your company's name? I wanted a name that was simple and easy to remember. I also love cats and the color blue.


What is your motivation? I have a very strong desire to create art and to run my own little business. I enjoy both the creative and business sides of being a self-represented artist.


What do you enjoy most about creating handmade items? I enjoy the challenges of taking a blank canvas and turning it into a painting. I also find painting to be very relaxing and satisfying.

Which items are your best sellers? Prints of whimsical cats.


How do you market your products? I have a blog and I also twitter. I'm a member of a local art league which allows me the opportunity to meet other artists and patrons in person as well as participate in their gallery shows. I also participate in several charity auctions in the Charlotte area throughout the year.


What are your favorite features on Handmade FuZion? What new features would you like to see? My favorite feature is the very affordable option for sellers to promote their item(s) on the home page. I also appreciate the ease of listing items. Handmade FuZion is very visually appealing in both images and text.


Do you have any advice for other artisans? I would say to have patience and persistence. Strive to do your best work. Always maintain excellent customer service.


0 comments for this post