FuZing the Creative with the Consumer
Featured Artisan Pamelaquilts

By Handmade FuZion on 4:45 AM

Filed Under:



Where are you located? I live on the beautiful Oregon Coast in Coos Bay.


How long have you been creating handmade items? I've loved making things for as long as I can remember. I began sewing very young because my Mother is a seamstress, and she taught me how to sew. I made most of my clothes in High School, my own Wedding Gown, and then clothing for my daughters. In 1986 a friend introduced me to the wonderful world of quilting and I have never looked back! I also do cross-stitch, knit, and crochet, but quilting is definitely my passion.


What type of products do you offer? Quilts of all shapes and sizes and a variety of other quilted items. I love the freedom of free-motion quilting and have used this art to create a variety of items.


How did you decide on your company’s name? I wanted a simple name that was easily identifiable so I used a combination of my first name with what I do!


What is your motivation? I love working with fabric, the colors and textures along with all the possible combinations of design excite me. I love the three dimensional aspect of quilting and the way the quilting stitches can accentuate the pieced designs in a quilt.


What do you enjoy most about creating handmade items? The fact that each item is unique, and that a quilt made well will last for years. I love the challenge of piecing, making the points pointy and the corners match. Sometimes it seems like the only thing I can control in my life and it's a wonderful world of peace and order! I love the speed and versatility of machine quilting, but also the peacefulness of hand-stitching.


Which items are your best sellers? My quilted postcards have been quite popular. They are a wonderful way to own a little piece of quilted art.


How do you market your products? I blog, am marketing locally with a group of other artists, and enjoy showing my quilts at quilt shows.


What are your favorite features on Handmade FuZion? What new features would you like to see? I love the relist similar feature! Makes it so easy to list a new item without starting from scratch! I'm sure I haven't explored all of the nooks and crannies yet, but I also like the blogs and forum section. I love that it is a juried site!


Do you have any advice for other artisans? Make what you love, and then everything else will follow!

0 comments for this post