FuZing the Creative with the Consumer
Featured Artisan Morgan Street

By Handmade FuZion on 4:00 AM

Filed Under:




Where are you located?

Bridgeport, Connecticut

How long have you been creating handmade items?

I started out making just soap which was over eight years ago.

What type of products do you offer?

I offer handmade soaps, whipped body butters, sugar scrubs, foot care products, fizzy bath bombs, lip balms and solid lotion bars.

How did you decide on your company's name?

That was easy. I grew up in the UK on Morgan Street. That was my home for 18 years of my life. It's where I learned how to knit, sew, draw & paint and the back yard was where I would squish flower petals between my finger tips to see if I could get perfume out of them.

What is your motivation?

I recently found out that my now deceased grandmother who I barely knew was a soap maker also. This knowledge has affirmed for me that I'm doing the right thing and explains my addiction to all things soapy.

What do you enjoy most about creating handmade items?

It feels good knowing every single ingredient that I'm putting on my skin.

Which items are your best sellers?

Black Raspberry Vanilla and ChocoTherapy bar soaps sell very well. During the winter the body butters are quite popular too.

How do you market your products?

I really don't do much in the way of marketing. I dabble a little with Project Wonderful and I also have a blog where I write about my soaping adventures sometimes.

What are your favorite features on Handmade FuZion?

I love the "List Similar Item" feature. It makes listing so easy and quick. I also love that our items are submitted to Google Base.

What new features would you like to see?

Maybe an arena where shops can announce any sales they're running. So shoppers can click on a link to see a listing of shops offering deals.

Do you have any advice for other artisans?

My advice would be to make sure you love what you're creating. If you're passionate about it, it will show in the end product.

Treat your customers with the utmost respect. Wrap their goodies as if you're sending them a special gift. They will appreciate it.

0 comments for this post