FuZing the Creative with the Consumer
Featured Artisan Twiddlestix

By Handmade FuZion on 4:00 AM

Filed Under:

Twiddlestix


This shop features handmade greeting cards. If you are looking for unique cards for (almost) any occasion, you have come to the right place! I try to keep a good variety, and love to use lots of color, and pattern. Enjoy!


Where are you located? Northwest Iowa

How long have you been creating handmade items? About 5 years

What type of products do you offer? I make Greeting cards for almost every occasion.

How did you decide on your company’s name? I had a list of 5 or so names that I liked, and then brought them to my children to see which one they liked the best. We shouted out our favorites and twiddlestix one won! I really love my shop name!

What is your motivation? I really enjoy receiving handmade cards in the mail, and so I want others to have that same feeling!

What do you enjoy most about creating handmade items? I am a paper fanatic, and just looking at the papers just makes me want to create. It's a fun thing to do! I get to sit and create, even though there is rarely a time when there is no interruptions, it just makes me happy to see the end result.

Which items are your best sellers? So far I have not sold anything on Fuzion, but I have sold on other sites. My best seller was a card that I made for Mother's day that featured a cherry blossom stamp. It was a very pretty card! Also, many cards that I stamped a tree image on have done really well.

How do you market your products? I do a lot of social sites, such as a blog, flickr, twitter, and others.

What are your favorite features on Handmade FuZion? What new features would you like to see? I like how the pictures load when I am getting a new product up. The items that are just uploaded and scroll across the home page is really neat!

Do you have any advice for other artisans? It can be hard to sell your items, but with persistence, and belief in yourself, the sales with come! Just remember to enjoy creating, and have the sales come as an added bonus!

0 comments for this post