FuZing the Creative with the Consumer
Featured Artisan BlueJeanJess

By Handmade FuZion on 4:39 PM

Filed Under:

BlueJeanJess



I am Jess and I love to make cute baby items.


Where are you located? I live in Bakersfield, California.

How long have you been creating handmade items? As long as I can remember...starting way back in Elementary School I would put together fun homemade Halloween costumes. After I married, I started making baby blankets and quilts...now I make all sorts of things.

What type of products do you offer? I make mostly baby items, from small toys to burp cloths and blankets.

How did you decide on your company's name? I have used bluejeanjess for almost 7 years now...I started out making beaded jewelry under Blue Jean Chic Jewelry then it evolved into just bluejeanjess....which lets me do what I want...who knows where it will lead me.

What is your motivation? I am motivated by color, when I walk into a fabric store the colors entice me to buy fabrics...I usually have an idea about what I want to make but usually it changes some once I find the perfect fabric. I am not a fabric hoarder; I tend to buy what I need for a specific project and then make it. Only once the item is made and I like it do I buy additional fabric.

What do you enjoy most about creating handmade items? I love to see my items being used. I get a thrill when I see someone using and enjoying the items I made for their baby. That makes it worthwhile.

Which items are your best sellers? I sell tons of my Sprinkle No Mores (better known as pee pee tee pees). I have this idea in my mind that I will have ten of each set made and ready for eventual sales, which never happens. Usually I get an order for the one I don't have finished and the ones I do have finished just sit there...

How do you market your products? I have them listed on a couple different sites, other than that I don't. I am a full time student, with a part time job, three children and I am going through a divorce...I wish I had ten more hours in every day, five for sleep and five to be productive!

What are your favorite features on Handmade FuZion? What new features would you like to see? I like being able to add like items...this feature save tons of time.

Do you have any advice for other artisans? Enjoy the process, have fun with your business.


0 comments for this post